“I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”
This book uses fun yoga routine that energizes your child. Imagining pirates, tigers and aliens can make things exciting for children especially when they can roar or call out “Ahoy matey!”
This story idea came to me during my teaching time in Kerikeri Primary School.
Most kids got picked up but there were always a few kids who were left behind (not the same ones) and I wondered what they were thinking about where their Dad or Mom was. Especially since I had to be Ms. Lu a lot and take them to the school office to call their parents.
If your child likes acting like an animal (or you feel sometimes that he or she is an animal) then this book is perfect for you!
The routine is calming and relaxing and is great to get a group of students or a child calm and attentive. If you are a parent this is a fun bedtime routine.
The story started with animals. Kids have fun with yoga animal poses so I did some research as to where all the animals could possibly live together.
The Palpur-Kuno Wildlife Sanctuary in Madhya Pradesh India fit the bill. Then Keya, the character came from research about the Sahariya tribe that was relocated to the outskirts of the sanctuary so that they could reintroduce Asiatic Lions.
For fans of the book, Keya means “flower” in Sanskrit and is pronounced “kia”. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandanus_fascicularis
All the images of the animals and plants are from the Madhya Pradesh region.
Teachers buy the mp3, e-book and worksheets here
Would you like to the e-book version for $4.95? Contact me.
A book for the grown-ups…
Being a parent can be stressful! Parents that I’ve spoken to have a very difficult job and any kind of yoga practice is so beneficial. Your Peace Diet is a compilation of yoga knowledge and tools that can help relax and revive you so you can be there for your spouse and children.
In Your Peace Diet Learn:
- How to Care for and Honor yourself through supporting your Dosha (Your dominant body type according to Indian Holistic Medicine)
- To balance your body systems through Diet, Lifestyle and Beginner Yoga Poses
- About the one thing you can do to stop anxiety in its tracks. You can do this anywhere at any time! Which of your Chakras (your energy points in your body) may be out of alignment because of stress and anxiety and how to do a basic Chakra meditation to help balance them.
- About the ancient art of Vaastu (increasing the energy in your home) and how your environment affects your ability to relax
- How your thoughts DO create your world and how you can re-write your past and re-create your future!
Share the love!
Thank you for being part of the collaboration to have children realize their potential! Share and get some cool free stuff:
- Share this website with people you really feel would benefit from it and instantly receive link for the Jungle Walk mp3 for free. Just click the button below!
- Review a book on Amazon, your blog or even on this site and you’ll go in the monthly draw to win one of the other two books (your choice) for free. Send in a picture that I have permission to post on the site and you’ll get two chances!
- Teachers and Yoga teachers, tell me why you need a copy of this book in your school and you’ll go into a SEPARATE monthly draw for a free book and poster.
More on the site: